Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Shock of Night by Patrick W. Carr (The Darkwater Saga)

Oh my! I'm still reading! LOL! This is a long book indeed, but one I didn't want to put down. The problem is that I had NanoWriteMo and that backed me up a bit. ;) That is totally NOT the fault of this book!

If you wish for world building, it is happening in this book. There are different groups of people, and they all have a purpose. A strong Christian theme is present.  We have romance, and Willet is one of our main characters. He is a reeve to the king. His job is to be an investigator, and a murder that they can't solve gets more and more wild when the church stops them from solving this mystery. What really makes it messy is that as we go along we find that Willet can't let this go. He has to have answers. He has a secret buried away, and that never stays hidden.

The "darkwater" area has evil and all kinds of things locked away. No one goes in and comes out the same. The violence didn't bother me in this book. It doesn't take away from it in my opinion. Real life had death, and murders and mysteries.

It is long, as I mentioned, but I don't dislike that in a book. I didn't feel that it was slow, as much as greatly detailed.

Carol :)



The Shock Of Night - http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Night-Darkwater-Saga/dp/0764213466/

Author Website http://www.patrickwcarr.com/

Thomas Clayton Booher
Keanan Brand
Beckie Burnham
Carol Bruce Collett
Carol Gehringer
Victor Gentile
Rani Grant
Rebekah Gyger
Bruce Hennigan
Janeen Ippolito
Carol Keen
Rebekah Loper
Jennette Mbewe
Shannon McDermott
Meagan @ Blooming with Books
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Joan Nienhuis
Nissa
Audrey Sauble
Chawna Schroeder
Jessica Thomas
Robert Treskillard
Shane Werlinger
Phyllis Wheeler
Nicole White

2 comments:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Agree, agree, agree with everything you've said, Carol (except for the NaNo part. ;-)

Becky

Michelle R. Wood said...

It may be long, but I devoured it very quickly. In fact, I hope to read it again soon, slower, to really appreciate the moments I found so enjoyable.