Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happily Even After by Marilyn Griffith!

Happily Even After by Marilynn Griffith

I really enjoyed this book! It was a great find and an easy read. The story flows very nicely, and it has many many real life moments. I have sent an e-mail to Mrs. Griffith for an online interview. When she gets to answer me I will update this post.

Meanwhile, I would highly recommend anyone single or married to read this book, but especially women who are married and coping with issues with their church and or husbands. Mrs. Griffith has worked a great deal of wonderful advice into this book. Her characters are written very much like many real life people that I have known, or currently know. It made reading this book even more real, and more enjoyable. I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being a movie later on, much like Tyler Perry has created.

Wonderful Biblical advice was gently and well woven into the very fabric of this book. It was fun to read, had a wonderful ending, and made me want to read more of her books. I appreciated the card that came with the book, it worked as a great book mark while I was reading her work. I would recommend this book to my friends to read with out any hesitation! Thanks for reading my review, and if you can, go get a copy of this book! It is bound to Bless someone you know!

Carol :)

Find this book here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0373785984




Marilynn Griffith is mom to a tribe, wife to a deacon and proof that God gives second chances. While best known for her colorful novels about friendship, family and faith, Marilynn is also a speaker and nonfiction writer.

Her nonfiction has been included in CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE CHRISTIAN WOMAN'S SOUL and several other devotionals and magazines. Currently, Marilynn is editor of the SISTAHFAITH:BELIEVING BEYOND SHAME anthology. She is also the founder of Faithchick.com, a blog for faith fiction readers.

Marilynn is the author of six novels dealing with issues such as teen pregnancy, AIDS, abstinence, stress relief, single parenting and marriage. Her recent fiction titles include TANGERINE and IF THE SHOE FITS.

Marilynn has served as Vice President and Publicity Officer of American Christian Fiction Writers. She speaks to youth, women and writers about believing beyond boundaries and daring to reach dreams.

Marilynn lives in Florida with her husband and seven children whom she taught at home for seven years. When not chasing toddlers, helping with homework or trying to find her husband a clean shirt, she can be found scribbling furiously on her next novel.

To book Marilynn for media interviews, speaking engagements, Serious Fun fiction parties or book club call-ins, please contact her thru her WEBSITE.



Superwoman doesn't live here!

I marry a gorgeous executive, have a baby, lose all the weight (most of it), and move to a fine house in the suburbs with a welcoming new church. Wait...did I say welcoming?

One teeny waaah! and new mothers and their crying babies are exiled to a separate room. At least there's some enlightening conversation. Like about my husband and issues I didn't even know about!

And then there's my aptly named mother-in-law, Queen Elizabeth, who can't stand me.

I'm about to lose my mind! So it's high time for a visit to the Sassy Sistahood for some much-needed advice about men, marriage and motherhood!


The Sassy Sistahood: They get by with a little help from their friends.

No comments: