Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vanished by Kathryn Mackel

Hello All! 

Ah....where to start? I really appreciate being able to read a copy of this very different style of book! Thank you! :D 

This is a gripping book, with some very mysterious events occurring! A bomb has gone off and an entire town is cut off from the known world. They are alone, except for God. Where there is God, there is also evil, so a great deal of choices must be made. Lives are at stake, physics of the world as we know it are in question, lives are lost, panic comes and goes in waves, and everyone is trapped in this really weird mist. The explosions have ruined a brand new underground magnetic train system, but the experimental data Jon and Chloe were trying to collect, did it cause this problem, or was it caused by the bomb that went off above ground, or was it because both things happened simataniously, or is this an outside force all of its own?

I like puns, even bad ones at time. I am going to use this next sentence because it is true, and also in honor of Jon's character. Yes, God is there even in the "mist" of it all. This book ended with me wanting to know where the rest of the story has gotten off to, but I still enjoyed this book. That is unusual for me, I despise "To Be Continued" shows on TV, and I do not like cliff hangers. I do not mind sequels, but Vanished left me with more questions that I had when I started reading! LOL! It reminds me of an old movie called Brigadoon, but with out the ending of the story reveled to us yet.  I hope someone will let me know as soon as the rest of this story is ready to read! While this book has enough suspense in and of itself, I really want to know more!

Carol :) 

Vanished has not disappeared from your ability to read it and, and can be found at the following link:  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1599792117 .


Featured author: Kathryn Mackel 
Web site – http://www.kathrynmackel.com/
Blog – http://godanddogwalking.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good review Carol. The premise of this book is quite fascinating but I'm not a fan of cliff hangers either. I will read the next book when it comes out though.

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Hi, Carol,

I'm so glad you liked the book. I noted in my post yesterday that those who want to be sure they get the next book might consider signing up for Kathryn Mackel's newsletter (which also might win you a free book). That way you'll get word straight from the author rather than "hoping to hear."

Becky